Wednesday, September 23, 2009

Flickr…

I have lots of experience with flickr. Though I do not post pictures on flickr I do brows through flicker all the time – just to look through all the crazy stuff people are doing. I love shifting through the various motivational posters within Flikr.

However, I do have one comment:

Flickr has a very slow load speed. This is because of several reasons. 1) Flickr is popular – the more people using it the slower it is. 2) Flikr is made up of many high quality pictures – the higher quality the picture the bigger the file and the more loadtime there is. It’s not a huge issue, but it still exists.

Saying that, Flickr is used as a great tool by many libraries to promote their activities and future programs. A picture says 1,000 words and one picture may be enough to raise $1,000 for the library.

No comments:

Post a Comment